-10 Telemedicine Benefits for Neurological Conditions-
The healthcare landscape changed due to COVID-19. Eyes opened to the fact telemedicine and teleneuro consults were essential for patients with neurological conditions. The phrase “safer at home” is still trending because it remains true, particularly for those with underlying medical conditions.
As medical settings become safer and restrictions are lifted, telemedicine is poised to remain the optimal choice for patients with neurological conditions or movement disorders.
In recent months, high-quality telemedicine and neurologic appointments expanded for Be Mobile Neurology’s patients living in homes from Tampa to Bradenton and Sarasota areas, out to Lakeland, and down to rural areas such as Sebring, FL. In addition to sunny Florida, Neurologist and Movement Disorder Specialist Dr. Deborah Boland, who is also licensed in North Carolina, has seen the demand for telemedicine and teleneuro consults stretch to mountainous regions like Asheville, NC and far beyond.
Top 10 Advantages of Telemedicine in Neurology
With remote care via phones and video technologies, Be Mobile Neurology is rapidly positioning to accept and virtually see new patients across the nation. Dr. Boland points to 10 key advantages of telehealth in caring for patients with Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, Dementia, Stroke, Epilepsy, Dystonia, Essential Tremor, Tourette’s, Restless Leg Syndrome, Sleep Disorders, and Headaches. From the comforts of home, telemedicine helps neurology patients:
- Eliminate exposure to other people, illness causing bacteria, and viruses like COVID-19.
- Avoid traveling and stay safer at home by accessing care via a phone, tablet, or computer.
- Continue much-needed medical care just as you would for an in-person visit.
- Complete basic neurologic exams at home in a healthy environment.
- Participate in medical interviews via phone or online for medical observation of cognitive status.
- Use video on your mobile device or computer camera for movement and mobility evaluations.
- Comfortably allow caregivers or family members to join your care-team call or video session.
- Ask important questions and securely discuss treatment options with a licensed neurologist.
- Easily schedule televisit appointments in 20-minute, 30-minute, or 1-hour increments.
- Reduce medical expenses, as telemedicine appointments often cost less than traditional visits.
Florida-Based Telemedicine Specialists at Be Mobile Neurology
During the COVID-19 crisis, many new patients across Florida and the United States have accessed telemedicine provided by Be Mobile Neurology. Some patients have relied on telemedicine while their regular doctor’s office was closed, but many are longtime patients of Dr. Boland. With health and safety in mind, more patients are leveraging the convenience of her innovative at-home treatments for Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, Dementia, Stroke, Epilepsy, Dystonia, Essential Tremor, Tourette’s, Restless Leg Syndrome, Sleep Disorders, Headaches, and other neurological conditions.